How often do you change your home air filters? Once a month? Whenever you see dust building up on the vent? There are several benefits to home air filter maintenance, so mark your calendar and change those air filters regularly!
1. Clean Indoor Air
As you can imagine, your air filter collects all kinds of dust, spores, hair, dander, and other particles that get pumped through your air conditioning system. You don’t want to breathe that stuff in or have it floating in your air. Changing your home’s air filter ensures your home has cleaner, healthier, and fresher air.
- Does your house seem fairly dusty?
- Do you have pets?
- Do several people live in the house?
These are all reasons to change your air filter more often. Cleaner air promotes good health for everyone, but especially children and the elderly. It’s wise to check the air filters once a month at least.
2. Cleaner House
The more dust that gets caught in your air filter means the less in your house.
- Changing your air filter regularly can help cut down on dust and hair on your floors, shelves, etc.
This could save you time and energy when cleaning the house!
- The reverse is also true; the more often you vacuum and dust, the less buildup you’ll have in your air filters.
3. Better Health & Seasonal Allergy Relief
Cleaner indoor air can also help improve allergies and asthma.
- If you suffer from congestion, itchy nose, or difficulty breathing, try changing your air filters more often or considering a home filtration system.
Home air filter maintenance has helped many people sleep easier at night!
4. Improved HVAC System Efficiency
Last but certainly not least, regularly changing your air filters helps your HVAC system perform more efficiently! If you’ve noticed your home not cooling or heating as well, as usual, check the filter before calling an HVAC contractor.
- Changing your air filter regularly can help your system last longer and need less maintenance.
- Plus, it will save you money on your energy bill.